Managing Director - Absa Bank Zambia PLC
With over 20 years’ experience in the Banking Industry, Mizinga Melu is an industry expert who has been at the helm of top banking organisations having worked in six (6) African countries.
She was appointed Managing Director for Absa Bank Zambia PLC (formerly Barclays Bank Zambia Plc) on 1 April, 2017. Prior to that, Mizinga served held strategic roles in Barclays Africa Group Limited (now Absa Group Limited) that included Barclays Africa Regional Management Chief Executive where she was responsible for coordinating integrated planning across businesses outside of South Africa, as well as Managing Director of NBC Tanzania.
Mizinga also previously held a number of roles at Standard Chartered including: CEO of Standard Chartered Zambia, Global Head of Development Organizations in the UK and Africa Regional Head of Financial Institutions in both South Africa and Kenya.
Current Board Roles:
Mizinga currently serves as Non-Executive Director on the Museum for United Nations -UN Live Board.
She is a multi-award winning business leader having been named Frontier 100 CEO and is been a recipient of the following business awards:
• 2020 Banking CEO of the year Zambia by Global Banking and Finance Magazine.
• 2019 Banking CEO of Year Zambia by International Business Magazine
• 2017 Transformational Leadership Award
• The All Africa Business Woman of the Year Award 2013
• Nominated for the 2013 Southern Africa Business Woman of the year by Forbes Magazine and CNBC
• 2013 Leaders and Achievers Outstanding CEO performance by PMR - South Africa
• CEO of the year across all industries by the Zambia Institute Chartered Accountants in 2013 Business Woman for the year 2013 by Africa Business Leaders Awards (AABLA)
Mizinga holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from Henley Management College in the UK, an Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (A.C.I.B) UK and she is a fellow of the Zambia Institute of Bankers.