Southern African Women In Leadership Trailblazers Awards
27 NOVEMBER 2020 saw the inauguration of the Southern African Women In Leadership Trailblazers Awards held in Houghton, Johannesburg - South Africa. We are proud to announce the following leaders as the Top 10 SAWIL Vision 2030 Pioneers. From 200+ nominations, 32 Finalists where selected and went through a month long process of attaining public votes to earn a spot in the Top 10. Interviews with Seipati Mokhuoa, CEO of SAWIL and Dr Andy Brough of The Brough Leadership Institute were conducted via zoom and are available on YouTube:
Our Judging partner: Meaningful Business (https://meaningful.business/about-us-progressive-leaders-network/),
A London based organisation that prides itself with promoting and celebrating a global community of leaders, whose business action results in positive impact aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with collaboration, content and knowledge sharing at its heart.
- Online Voting (the lines were open from 16 October to 15 November 2020)
The Top 10 was strictly determined by the PUBLIC VOTE and the following criteria was then used by MB to determined the Final winners:
- Social Media Engagement: #YourName #SAWILTrailblazersFinalist #SAWILVision2030
- Judges' discretion based on the finalist' profile, accolades and social impact.
- Interview/profiling with Dr Andy Brough and Seipati
These women are not only blazing trails and shuttering glass ceilings but they are true torch bearers in their communities and work spaces. They embody the power women possess when they work together. They are pioneers of Transformation, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in their respective fields. They understand the importance of lifting as you rise and actively champion the empowerment of women and girl children.
SAWIL Vision 2030 Pioneers:
Mizinga Melu - CEO and Managing Director of ABSA Zambia. Mamokete Ramathe - CEO of Mamor Capital. Moloko Komane - Group Head of Business Advisory: Multichoice (Africa). Nollie Maoto - Executive Head of Business Intelligence, Analytics, Planning and Monitoring: First National Bank (FNB). Precious Gondwe - Founding Partner and CEO of Precious and Partners. Keabetswe Jan - a 20 year old globally recognised social impact entrepreneur and influencer. Naledi Ngwato - A commercial pilot at Fly Dubai (UAE) with over 13 years experience. Kuda Tshiamo - Kgati - Head of Legal Services - Botswana Telecommunications Corporation. Tebogo Mashifana - Senior Lecture - University of Johannesburg. Philiswa Nomgongo - Associate Professor - University of Johannesburg.
All Top 10 Prizes:
1. A copy of Dr Andy brough's newly published book: Exponential Leadership.
2. A session with Janine Hills, founder and CEO of Janine Hills Authentic Leadership, also founder and former CEO of the country’s first reputation management company: Vuma Reputation Management.
3. A Financial management and wealth creation session with Gcobisa Qupa of Siseko Financial Services, a 100% black women owned Old Mutual Franchise.
Top 3 Prizes:
Over and above the Top 10 Prizes, Mizinga, Mamokete and Moloko will receive prizes to the value of R120 000 (6600 Euros).
1. A Board Training Masterclass In Spain with Board Academy Europe.
2. A Board Training Masterclass In Spain with Board Academy Europe.
3. A Board Training Masterclass In Johannesburg with Board Academy Africa.